Light & Dark

by neel

user profile | dashboard | imagewall

« older newer »

Presenting lighting, theatre and weather: formerly from the hills of Yorkshire, with bits and pieces of the Yorkshire Sculpture Park and trips to Edinburgh; when the music stops, where will neel end up?
neel is away. Please leave a message.
Weblog: Enlightening Times
Email: neil at notlikecalvin dot com

Random Light & Darkness:

This work, unless otherwise noted, is licensed under a Creative Commons License: go on - do something with it!

Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike License

Search this moblog

Recent visitors

How Very Mysterious

(viewed 1594 times)
Bookmark and Share
Travel insurance? E111 form? Hotel reservation? Plane tickets? Euros?
What could it possibly all mean?
18th May 2005, 15:13   | tags:,,,,,

spongevid says:

are you only taking 30 euros?

18th May 2005, 15:18

Euphro says:

Munich... and 30 euros hmmm :)

18th May 2005, 15:20

Helen says:

Someone feels the need to escape the country. Bit extreme that.

E111s are a bit rubbish aren't they? They look like the forms that you got to go on school trips.

18th May 2005, 15:21

Euphro says:

I'm not sure if you need them any more anyway.

18th May 2005, 15:22

bronxelf says:

Welp. Youre not coming here..... *watches with interest*

18th May 2005, 15:23

daz says:

What's an E111 form?

18th May 2005, 15:29

spongevid says:

haha. i've only ever seen E111 forms being used on school trips, that or when you are waiting in a line at the pot offive for 20mins to buy one lousy stamp and the woman has filled in an E111 form wrong because she's silly and starts pouring out her family history.

but oooh, holiday!

18th May 2005, 15:30

crickson says:

Have fun, and don't forget to post pictures!

18th May 2005, 15:37

michaelpj says:

E111 forms are European Union forms that allow EU citizens to claim free or reduced-price medical treatment if they're taken ill whilst abroad in another EU country. The form is very simple - it just contains your name, your address, details of your nationality and the address of the government department that will settle the bill. But there's one extra field which always amuses me: "competent French institution for non-occupational accidents sustained by self-employed farmers". Trust the French to have to have a special exemption just for farmers!

18th May 2005, 15:39

mat says:

Daz - E111's are the forms we need to fill in when going abroad so we can use your nice modern health services for free (not sure what the deal is with who pays the bills, but it's not me). Kinda like a travel-NHS..

18th May 2005, 15:39

Helen says:

If you don't have an E111 form at the moment it's best to get yourself one now, because then you should receive the European health insurance card automatically (without having to fill in silly more complicated forms) when it is distributed next year. Apparently. Or something like that. All I know is that I don't plan to leave the country for anywhere exciting too soon, but dad insisted I get one for this reason. (And there was me getting all excited incase he was making me get an E111 because they'd been planning a surprise trip – it hasn't happened yet.)

I think you do still need them if you end up hospitalised in Europe – that way they don't charge you? Or something. Yeah.

18th May 2005, 15:42

Joe says:

neel...I'm guessing here, but...are you going somewhere?

18th May 2005, 15:47

daz says:

Ahh, thanks everyone for educating me on the E111. Seems like the equivalent of the notorious German "Auslandskrankenschein". :)

18th May 2005, 15:51

daz says:

and neel - did you get the email I wrote you back the other night?

18th May 2005, 15:52

kostika says:

So where ya going?

Wonder if an E111 applies to me....

18th May 2005, 15:58

neel says:

Yes, thankee daz: very helpful. I know have a travel adapter and I've decided not to take my pimped-out Caddy with me.

I'm off to Germany. For five days. To go to this. Sponsored by these guys.

Should be fun.

18th May 2005, 16:01

neel says:

I'm currently trying to figure out Munich's various transport systems. They seem to have lots.

But I've still got no real idea where everything really is, and how far away.

18th May 2005, 16:09

alfie says:

Daz, why is the "Auslandskrankenschein"

and do you read pieceoplastics blog?

18th May 2005, 18:40

McN says:

So, Neil, one could say you're a leading light in the lighting field?

18th May 2005, 20:16

neel says:

More like a wannabe who'll be hopelessly out of his depth. But the gag's appreciated!

I'm sure I'm forgetting something.

18th May 2005, 20:21

neel says:

Oh crap. I've just realised that I'm going to be in Europe during Eurovision.

Maybe if I lock myself in my hotel room I'll be okay.

18th May 2005, 21:55

Helen says:

I've been in Europe during Eurovision and nobody bothered about it. It was on the TV, but that was about it.

18th May 2005, 22:00

Helen says:

Mind you, I'm always in Europe during Eurovision as I have never left Europe in my life.

18th May 2005, 22:01

daz says:

alfie: The Auslandskrankenschein has been made fun of a lot, it's kind of an inside joke. (Have you heard of Michael Mittermeier? - Probably not, he's hard to understand, too.)

I haven't been reading pieceoplastic, might as well start to, but tbh I didn't see why you directed me there just now? :)

neel: Don't take what I wrote TOO seriously, I was slightly intoxicated at the time. :) In my opinion, the underground is the fastest way to gt around Munich, and probably the easiest, too. I would strongly advise against trying to drive...

18th May 2005, 23:11

neel says:

Don't have no car, so not driving. I think I'll be U-Bahning, then looking around very confused and hoping that someone will

a) speak English
b) know where the places I need to be at are

It's all good!

19th May 2005, 10:46

damian says:

wat do you put in the E111s form section 5 and 6

27th Jun 2005, 15:24

neel says:

I've got no idea - sorry. From what I remember of the good ol' E111 it was fairly straightforward - don't think I had to struggle with anything. But I can't recall what sections 5 and 6 are about, so I can't really help.

29th Jun 2005, 11:05